Coffee Sleeve Collage


I have posted once before about my love for coffee-to-go and how I used to find coffee sleeves in my car, stroller, bag... Click here for a post on reusing a coffee sleeve to make a cute crown. I have been trying to cut our latte factor (save money) lately. I recently treated myself the other day. I decided to reuse the coffee sleeve in some lame attempt to stop from feeling guilty for purchasing it. The sleeve was corrugated on one side. Lu cut it into pieces with help from Mama. I asked her what she wanted to make and she said a house and sun. I put the glue down in the shape of a house. Obviously older kids can do this step themselves or you can let younger kiddos make an abstract collage. Lu glued down the pieces. I trimmed a couple of her squares into triangles for the roof. I also cut out the sun shape. We let it dry. Originally I thought she would do a rubbing with her collage. Well the art director (Lu) had other plans. She just wanted to color directly on the cardboard. I think it came out lovely. It was a good idea in that it helped her color within boundaries. She could see and also feel the edges. Lu really enjoyed how bumpy it was to color on. It made for a fun tactile sensory experience. I think this might be useful for kids with vision or sensory integration challenges.

7 comments:

Amy said...

I love this idea. I so could do this. Thanks. Have a great day. Congrats again to your family. ;0)

Katie said...

I am so saving my sleeve and grabbing a stack more the next time I'm at Starbucks. Hm...may get a few looks as I normally order iced drinks!

Anonymous said...

I am just blown away by this creativity. What a great idea!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Enjoyed reading your blog today. I am still finding my way around blogland....I always love making new friends..I am posting about Disney so hope you will stop by. Commenting automatically puts you in the drawing for the June giveaway.

Bobbi & Noe said...

How neat! I think all of us need ways to recycle those babies! Great craft!

jennwa said...

What a great idea for those coffee sleeves. They are make great prints.

Thanks for sharing a fun and frugal with Friday Showcase!!!!

Miller Moments said...

That is a fabulous idea! I'm a coffee freak, so now I can start saving my sleeves for art projects!

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs